Watson is a Question answering system, which is capable of answering the questions posed in natural language, developed inIBM’s Deep QA project by a research team. Watson was named after the first CEO of IBM, industrialist Thomas J. Watson. The system was specifically developed to answer the questions in the Quiz show Jeopardy. In 2011, Watson competed in Jeopardy, against former winners Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter. Watson received the first prize of 1$ million.
Watson Conversation service
The Watson Conservation service combines natural language understanding, machine learning and integrated dialog tools to create interference among your apps and your users.
It combines a number of cognitive technologies to easily simulate a more human-like conversational interface. WCS yields users a special tool fro training chatbots. Anyone can attend it, whether they can code or not. The Watson Conversation service is built on a neutral network that is swallowed over one billion Wikipedia words.
Add a natural language interface to the application to automate interaction with end users. The common application includes virtual agents and chats Bots that can consolidate and communicate on any device. Watson Conversation has three main components to it.
- Intents: These are the questions with an “intent” key. E.g “I can’t log in” would have an intent of user access.
- Entities: Keyword included in it are those that share a common theme. For example, Wheather is “sunny, cloudy, rainy”.
- Dialog: This is the conversational flow or answer to all those questions which are asked in relation to Intent + Entity.
Tool for Developers
Developing a well-rounded aesthetically pleasing web app can be a most difficult task even for the most seasoned web developer. You must identify standards and current trends and determine ways to incorporate them into your designs. Building a complex application is not an easy task, especially when a connected lot solution using hardware. It’s crazy world of options out there right now which can persuade analysis paralysis. You can work through the Watson Conversation service to come up the what you believe are some of the best available today.
IBM WCS is Giving Developers Five New Tools
IBM Watson Conversation service has also added five new APIs for developers to take the advantage of them. The new tools are available in the Watson Developer Cloud including speech recognition, image recognition, synthesizing natural-sounding language from the text, “Concept insights” fro improving each result and trade-off analytics, for helping to choose optimal outputs when there may be multiple conflicting goals. These join existing APIs are related to various aspects of machine intelligence, natural language processing, data visualization and more.
IBM Watson Conversation service’s willingness is to share its research means developers can now more easily build in voice control over apps and possibly create tools based on an “understanding” of images.
Building a Bot Using Watson Conversation Services in 6 Easy Steps
The best thing about building a Bot using Watson Conversation service is that its free to get started, so what are you waiting for? Follow these six easy and simple steps and you can build a simple Bot within minutes.
- Go to the Watson Conversation homepage. Where, you can see sample apps, read the documentation and more. If you are ready, click the link to visit IBM Bluemix.
- Here, you have to choose the plan (Standard or free) for Watson Conversation. If you are new to IBM Watson Conversation service, you need to register, don’t worry that’s a free plan to get started too.
- In the very next step, you have to enter the name of your service and click “Create”. You can launch the tooling from here, create and name your Workspace.
- After that you’ll get into the tooling interface, now you have to start by defining some “intents”. An intent is the purpose of a user’s input.
- Now, you have to define some Entities. Defining Entities is that part of user’s input that can be extricated to better answer their question.
- When you have identified user’s questions correctly using intents and entities after that use the Dialog builder to answer the question.
It’s Pretty easy to build the Bot, Right? Try IBM Watson Conversation yourself and build your own Bot in few minutes.
Customer Case Studies
IBM is the best-known name in information and communication technologies. The IBM brand is all penetrating and can be found on products as diverse as PCs, software, servers and high-end systems. It is also increasingly frequent as the engine behind other companies’ branded products or as the infrastructure behind websites all over the world.
Today, almost everyone can create a website. Although, in the competitive e-commerce world, the key differentiator is customer service.
IBM is, therefore sharing its experience in providing customer case studies platforms with other companies. This case study inspects how IBM, one of the world’s leading Communication businesses and leading information technology, is allowing a variety of other businesses to take the ‘e’ revolution further.
IBM Watson Conversation service transformed its Easy button into a cognitive ordering ecosystem that costumers can use to order supplies from different devices using voice input, text or email. In the result of providing Staples Inc. The company gains higher order frequency, can increase order sizes and can improve their service score.
With all the capabilities of the IBM Watson platform and a host of IBM Watson APIs, Volume Ltd is used to build a new solution and transform essential client application into cognitive tools that customers and employees can connect through voice and text in common language. It manages to decrease 96% training time and 93% positive feedback for the desired company. By using Volume you can also improve customer response time.
IBM Watson Conversation service, with natural language processing, Autodesk uses cognitive computing to manage an intelligent Chat Bot that can support smooth self-service and give the company a competitive edge. A company, using Autodesk can have 90% lower support costs and 90% lower resolution times. They can also increase customer service capacity.
You might have heard about bots, Understands the opportunity, but you are not sure if you have right skills or not. You are interested in building your own Bot but you don’t know where to start.