It is very common of users asking for methods to change username. It is valid for all social media and messengers. Same is with KIK!
KIK has millions of users. No doubt, it is adorable application. But users have serious concern about changing the username.
In this post, we are going to deal with this issue seriously.
Before we move to main section, let’s discuss more about username. KIK offers the chat service by keeping the user identity private. Yes, anyone can act as anonymous or unknown by creating unique username. That’s why, it is advisable to use multiple letters with numbers to create a unique username. Sometimes users make a mistake of making common username. For example, JDoe for Jane doe. Absolutely example of common username. When you choose common username, it is very likely that you are going to be identified. That is the point, when people realize they have made mistakes and try to retrieve.
So, the real question is it possible to change username? Honestly, you cannot change the username once it is made during the sign up.
Hmmm, you must be thinking,then what is the purpose of creating this post! Well, there is a method which is bit complicated and unknown to a million users. But using this method, anyone can change the username.
Users want to change username for certain reasons. Main concern would be privacy issues or being anonymous on while logging into Kik Online. It is totally fair!
So, without wasting another minute, let’s move to the main issue.
Here are the steps which change the KIK username:
- First of all, backup the contact data on paper or anywhere else. I am talking about usernames in your KIK contact list.
- Now you need to deactivate your account. You can do this by going to Settings>your Account>Reset KIK Messenger. You will receive an email for confirmation. By clicking the link in an email, you will be directed to the page for deleting the account.
- Now open up the KIK again, create the new account. Of course, for sign up you need to provide an email address.
- If the previously used account was on gmail then we can reuse it. You need to “.” Anyone in the email address. You will get the link in email for verfication. For example, if the previously used account is “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Then you may use “email@example.com”. Both email address works same. Enter the username and email address this way, your account will be created.
- Otherwise, you need a new email address for creating the new account!
Tips For Creating Username:
Before you set new username, please consider following tips:
- Choose a unique username. Make sure, your username is completely new to KIK database. It must not match with previously registered usernames.
- Always use a combination of letters and numbers. That way your identity will not be revealed to anyone. Otherwise, it will be very easy to guess your username if it is not unique.
- If you are trying to make username unique. Then take inspiration from your hobbies and interests. As it must reflect your personality.
- In case you want to hide your identity, then use completely distinctive and unique username.