LG G2 has been creating a lots of buzz in the market and has been bought by many people due to its new design and the physical buttons on the back which is completely new and makes developers play with it and also allow you to play with it through MODs, ROMs etc. But to install all these things, the first thing which you have to do is to Root your device. And that is why I am writing this tutorial.
Note: Rooting the device will void its warranty and I am not responsible if something goes wrong!
Tutorial to Root LG G2
- First of all you need to install the drivers for the device. you can download them from here
- Make sure you have a working ADB which is ready to use on the computer
- Now on your G2 go to settings » About Phone » Software Information » Tap Build Number 5 times and Go back to Settings » Developer Options » Enable USB Debugging
- Connect Your LG G2 with your PC
- Now if your ADB is working download this file from here
- Install it, Yeah we know that its in Chinese but you have to install it.
- After Installing, make sure two things, that your device is connect to your PC and ADB is working properly
- Now run the Software.
- A windows will appear which would be saying model no. of phone i.e. LG-D800 with a check box in the same window on the bottom-right corner there would be a button saying root with some Chinese letters, click it.
- The phone will reboot after a few minutes and once it reboots it would be rooted but in Chinese.
- Don’t worry guys we will also tell you how to change the device’s root in English
- Download Superuser from Play store. Open it and grant root permission, it would be the right option in the pop-up
- Super User will ask to update binaries, hit on install. Now exit the Super User.
- Now you gotta open Titanium Back if you don’t have it you can install it from Play Store. In Titanium Backup find Chinese Root Manager app and freeze it
- Now open Superuser and install the Superuser binary once again when called upon to do so. Now reboot
Now you would be rooted in English and now you can uninstall that Chinese Root Manager
And you have successfully rooted your device but if you have any problems in the above procedure do tell us in the comment section below!